Although we have no Quality Assurance openings at this time, we hire periodically throughout the year. You are welcome to submit your application for later consideration. In this position, you will be responsible for developing and executing quality assurance test plans, test cases and test scripts for software; working with software development teams and customers; and analyzing requirements and applications to develop test plans. You will use your leadership and communication skills to work effectively with clients and teammates, all working in an agile environment. We are seeking individuals who possess a creative and inquisitive mindset that leads them to consider exercising the less obvious paths of software execution.
Skills & Requirements:
- Experience developing and executing software test plans and using testing software, such as defect tracking or test tracking tools.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail orientated with good organization skills.
- A strong personality; able to take initiative, ask questions and make constant improvements and suggestions.
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical coworkers and customers.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of a project.
- Experience working in an agile environment using tools like Jira or DevOps.
- Experience using automated testing tools such as Selenium or TestComplete is highly desirable.
- Bachelor degree preferable; computer science degree a plus.
- Log defects and track to resolution.
- Develop test plans and map test cases to requirements.
- Represent QA and participate to understand business requirements.
- Analyze technical documents to supplement test case creation.
- Troubleshoot application problems.
- Analyze test results and recommend corrective actions.
About Saturn Systems:
Saturn Systems is a software engineering firm located in Duluth, MN. We have been recognized by Minnesota Business Magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For and by the StarTribune as a Top Work Place. We provide software development services to companies throughout the country. The work is done from our offices in Duluth, Minnesota, and little travel is required.
We are the largest software development organization in Minnesota north of the Twin Cities. Our offices are very casual and we are work from home flexible. We offer full benefits, including medical, dental, 401K with matching contributions, paid holidays, paid vacation and other paid leave.